Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Saw III (2006)

Saw III (2006)
Darren Lynn Bousman

Saw III. How do I feel about this? It seems to me that in order to give my review on this film, I have to share how I felt about the other Saw movies. I thought that Saw I had potential because it had a very clever story, but they focused too much on the gore of it and the acting was just pathetic, some of the worst acting Ive ever seen in my life, seriously it was worse than a high school play. Saw II on the other hand had much better acting, a sweet twist and really got the message across about respecting the life given to you, I really liked Saw II. Now we have Saw III, and it's really tough for me to decide. The acting was the best of the 3, Tobin Bell is just incredible, but unfortunately the movie again focused way to much on the gore and almost didn't try developing the plot until the end. Worst of all I think the writers completely ruined Amanda's character and a lot of the actions in the film could not be explained at all. If you liked Saw I you will probably like this movie too, and I would still recommend seeing it, but I was disappointed, I think it could have been much much better. I am really anxious to see whether Saw IV will be more like movies I and III or more like II.

Acting: A
Audio: B-
Visual: B
Story: C
Other: D

Parney Points: 2

To visit the imdb listing for this film, click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that you ought to use some italics for movie titles. After all, they are titles. But otherwise good job! I should probably finish reading the review now.

Andrew Parnell said...

Thanks grammar police! All fixed up, I hope you approve!